Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has credited his best practices or new rules of how to function in the new digital business infrastructure. They can be applied in other businesses. The rules include:
- Insist that communications flow through email
- Study sales data online to share insights easily
- Shift knowledge workers into high level thinking
- Use digital tools to create virtual teams
- Convert every paper process to digital process
- Use digital tools to eliminate single-task jobs
- Create a digital feedback loop
- Use digital systems to route customer complaints immediately
- Use digital communication to redefine boundaries
- Transform every business process into just-in-time delivery
- Use digital delivery to eliminate middlemen
- Use digital tools to help customers solve problems for themselves.
My Consultancy–Asif J. Mir - Management Consultant–transforms organizations where people have the freedom to be creative, a place that brings out the best in everybody–an open, fair place where people have a sense that what they do matters. For details please visit www.asifjmir.com, and my Lectures.