Different kinds of advertising are used by various organizations to reach different market targets. Some major categories include:
- Retail Advertising: advertising to consumers by various retail stores such as supermarkets and shoe stores.
- Trade Advertising: advertising to wholesalers and retailers by manufacturers to encourage them to carry their products.
- Industrial Advertising: advertising from manufacturers to other manufacturers. A firm selling motors to automobile companies would use industrial advertising.
- Institutional Advertising: advertising designed to create an attractive image for an organization rather than for a product.
- Product Advertising: advertising for a good or service to create interest among consumer, commercial, and industrial buyers.
- Advocacy Advertising: advertising that supports a particular view of an issue
- Comparison Advertising: advertising that compares competitive products.
My Consultancy–Asif J. Mir – Management Consultant–transforms organizations where people have the freedom to be creative, a place that brings out the best in everybody–an open, fair place where people have a sense that what they do matters. For details please visit www.asifjmir.com, and my Lectures.